"Click to Pay" option from within Email

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by MomBa, Mar 15, 2015.

1. MomBa

MomBa New Member

Hi there,

Just wondering if this already exists or if there is some way for me to customize the invoices I email. Right now my clients get an email from my CE whenever a payment is needed. From there they have to log into my CE and then "Click to Pay". I'm hoping to remove the need for them to log into my CE and just let them "Click to Pay" from the email notification. Also note, the only payment gateway I use is PayPal.

Any thoughts?

MomBa

Benny Kusman and shahidi like this.
  2. shahidi

shahidi Active Member

Hello
    Really this is very important feature for me ;
    We should make payment easier for clients and this is one of needed things;
    Thank you

3. CE-Matt

CE-Matt Administrator Staff Member

This functionality is already there for non CC gateways (such as PayPal). You can use [DIRECTPAYMENTLINK] in your invoice template to generate a link for the user to click.

We're looking into the ability to do this for all gateways.

4. CScott

CScott New Member

This should be a priority feature. The harder it is for the customer to pay, the easier it is for them not too... Can we vote for this implementation or poll the community?

shahidi likes this.
  5. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

This is bad for two reasons in my experience:
    1. It makes customers lazier. I'd want them to LOG IN to see their invoices, be able to changed their details, reply properly to tickets and avoid just emailing an opening several tickets for the same subjects and more.... Logging in saves us more time and reduces our support overheads.

2. It's bad for security. We're constantly educating our customers about phishing-type emails and this sort of click-and pay without logging in just goes the opposite direction.

Compromising on security is a bad policy to encourage customers to pay. We are not be any more difficult than banks, Google, Facebook or any other system that takes 2-3 minutes to pay.

Be a bit firmer on your customers and they'd be happier long-term. We did this and it worked! Our lazy customers get their account suspended and we charge them £25 + vat activation fee, and if it happens more than 2 times, we ask them to find an alternative provider.

We are polite and friendly but won't let customers to walk all over us. Now we have more respect and better customers!