ClientExec 4.6.5 Changelog

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CE-Matt, May 29, 2013.

1. CE-Matt

CE-Matt Administrator Staff Member

The following is a change log for our 4.6.5 release:

* Support
    - Fixed issue in the Public Section that was avoiding Guests customers to open more than one ticket. (JD)

* Plugins
    - Completed "New TLD Portal" plugin. (MG)

* Support
    - Fixed bug where the subject of a support ticket was being truncated. (MG)
    - Fixed bug where some support ticket responses sent in via e-mail were not parsing properly. (MG)
    - Ensure Support Widget executes properly. (AV)

* Billing
    - Removed billing setting "Send Domain Invoice Offset", and replaced with a new billing setting "Charge Domain Invoice Offset". Setting for weeks before invoice date to generate and charge domain invoice. (JD)
    - Removed "Autopayments" option from the "Invoice Generator" service plugin. (JD)
    - Added PDF invoice tag to display the invoice transactions. Add {pmtTransactions} to your invoice template. (JD)
    - New Tag added for Payment Receipt Template. [PMTTRANSACTIONS] The transactions applied to the invoice. (JD)
    - Fixed an issue related to how the invoice entry was created for recurring coupons when using paypal subscriptions. (JD)
    - Fixed issue that was not allowing to delete the recurring fee of a percentage coupon. (JD)

* Support
    - Fixed issue with readonly dropdown support custom fields not allowing to submit new tickets. (JD)
    - Feedback is now allowed from any customer, no matter their status or if they are a guest customer. (JD)

* Signup
    - Fixed issue in signup that was removing from the cart packages that do not required any configuration. (JD)
    - Updated signup to avoid deleting user accounts when paypal fails, and instead create a support ticket about it. (JD)
    - Fixed issue with server quota related to server allocation on sign up. (MG)
    - Updated recurring coupons behavior with prorating on signup. Now the next due date of the coupon will be the same as the one for the prorated package, so this way the next invoice will take in count the discount, etc. (JD)
    - Self manage domains now validates if exist on the database, based on the configuration of the "Domain name duplicates handling" setting. (JD)

* System/Admin
    - Fixed the pagination of Pending Orders. (JD)
    - Allow admin to manually add a new customer, even if it match a guest user email. It will import the tickets form the guest user to the new one. (JD)
    - Fixed issue with "click to view available tags" not showing the respective tags for Welcome emails when using the "Add Template" button. (JD)
    - Fixed date format for Accounts > Client List > Activated. (JD)
    - Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities. (MG)

* Plugins
    - Fixed issue with AutoMailer queries. (JD)
    - Updated service (Automailer) to allow notifying customers about packages that will be billed in some days. (JD)
    - Updated Paypal plugin to avoid the error: "SSL: Connection reset by peer". (JD)
    - Updated Authnet plugin to manage transactions under review, and set the invoice as pending. (JD)
    - Fixed bug with dedicated ips in cPanel plugin. (MG)
    - Added new eNom Watchlist Snapin (MG)

* Clients
    - Fixed issue with readonly email user custom fields not allowing to update the profile. (JD)
  2. FinsHost

FinsHost Active Member

:D Nicely done guys. I'm looking forward to updating.
  3. andrew_wp

andrew_wp New Member

Thanks for the update Matt, always great to see new updates for CE, especially for improving security.
  4. PeterLaws

PeterLaws Active Member

Can you tell me if I can leave my templates/default/ directory intact? As you know I've heavily customised my installations. And it's a pain to find time to upgrade

Also, can you tell me when the vulnerabilities were discovered? From 4.6.2 to 4.6.3 was months apart, so I'm guessing just recently? Also, are they serious?

Thanks.
  5. CE-Justin

CE-Justin Moderator Staff Member

Peter,

Yes you should be able to leave your templates directory in tact. You should copy 'default' to a named theme like 'mytheme' so this way you can switch back and forth if there is an issue when you move it over, so you should have 2 directories:

/templates/default
    /templates/mytheme

You can then switch between them in Setup > Settings > Style

The vulnerabilities are very serious I am afraid, so upgrading asap is highly highly advised. They were not found until yesterday I believe, I know Matt and Alberto were working on the patch within minutes of hearing about it.
  6. PeterLaws

PeterLaws Active Member

Thanks. Will do the upgrade asap then......

As I'm a beta tester, if I ask Matt about the vulnerbilities, will I be told what they are?

Edit:

NM, Alberto has just told me about them

Edit2:

Just upgraded.. Surprisingly, only took 10mins to copy&paste my customisations..
  7. mfrazzz

mfrazzz New Member

I just went to pull the upgrade and the file is 4.6.4 and not 4.6.3. Another update so quickly? How about a change log?
  8. CE-Justin

CE-Justin Moderator Staff Member

* Support
    - Fixed bug where the subject of a support ticket was being truncated. (MG)
    - Fixed bug where some support ticket responses sent in via e-mail were not parsing properly. (MG)
    - Ensure Support Widget executes properly. (AV)
  9. Benny Kusman

Benny Kusman Member

Any ETA for version 5 ?
  10. FinsHost

FinsHost Active Member

THATS what were looking for :D Thanks Justin
  11. redjersey

redjersey Member

yes, it will be great if CE staff can let us know the ETA. Hopefully it can be released in Q3
  12. wilsmex

wilsmex New Member

I updated to 4.6.3 of course only to find another update a day or so later. Needless to say, I'm not doing a full upgrade again for a couple of files. Which files have changed since the 4.6.3, and I can easily throw a few new ones up???
  13. CE-Matt

At the present time we're only providing the full upgrade files.
  14. CE-Matt

I've updated this thread for a small update we've released: 4.6.5

The main feature in this release is the completed version of the "New TLD Portal", which can be used to keep track of your customers wishes for all the new TLDs coming out.
  15. Benny Kusman

Benny Kusman Member

Any security related update on 4.6.5 ?
  16. CE-Matt

No, was only a bug fix on submitting a support ticket in public section, and the new TLD Portal.
  17. Benny Kusman

Benny Kusman Member

thanks.
    What is TLD Portal ?
    shahidi likes this.
  18. redjersey

redjersey Member

I did a winmerge 4.6.4 vs 4.6.5 seems like lots of files are changed.