Integration Instructions

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by UH Enterprises, Feb 11, 2015.

1. UH Enterprises

UH Enterprises iTech4Life

Hello,
    Gawd I hope I haven't made a post that someone else has already posted. Forums scare me for this exact reason, and is why I spend time searching what I'm looking for. Always or most always an epic fail for me. Either it's because I'm a happy noob or I can't wrap my brain around simplicity.

I have spent hours endlessly searching for the means to integrate my own site because my current budget will not allow me to spend on a paid custom integration that some folks design so nicely. I'm a novice web host that serves mostly local businesses within my State. For years I used WHMCS and grew tired of it. When comparing demos of it's competitors, Clientexec came out on top. I even asked myself why I hadn't been using it all a long. This has got to be the sweetest front and backend I have ever seen for a web host and their clients as well as the staff.

So I sit here at my desk asking this community for a little simple knowledge to be shared on integrating my site with Clientexec. Maybe even a tutorial for dummies, however I do have a pretty decent understanding of a lot of this. I've been searching for a tutorial even. If anyone knows of one or has some helpful tips I would greatly appreciate any shared knowledge. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to read my babbling. :)

2. CE-Matt

CE-Matt Administrator Staff Member

Hey,

What I normally do is take my "view source" of my main page, and split it into 3 sections. Header, content, footer.

The header should contain all html that is the same on every page, up to where the content starts. Content is all the content, and footer is all the HTML that is the same on every page, after the content.

Once I have those 3 sections, you can paste the header and footer HTML into Settings -> Company -> Customize HTML (in CE). Then navigate to your public CE and see how it looks. You'll normally have to do some tweaks with CSS, which can be done in the header section of CE.

It's really a manual and back and forth process to get 100% right, and will take some time.

UH Enterprises likes this.
  3. Vacidia

Vacidia New Member

Also if your use uses some form of templating system you can use to call the header/footer from an external site,
    then you should try calling your sites header/footer templates from client exec.
    Though I've only ever tried this in creating an amatour custom php page and calling on plain php files that the billing software I used at the time used as the template header/footer.

4. hostmaster

hostmaster Member

Something I did to take Clientexec to the next level, and make it a fully functional website, if you will, is a rather simple process . . .

I created a page in my clientexec root folder, I'll call it mypage.php. Within mypage.php is the <body> of what I want to display to site visitors. In my case, I created a price list for domains I am selling in Clientexec.

I then went into the folders "/templates/default/" and opened the "index.phtml" file.

Look for this line:

Code:
    echo $this->layout()->CONTENT;
    I modified it to look like this:

Code:
    if ($_GET['p']=='prices'){
      include('/home/XXXXX/public_html/clientexec/mypage.php');
    }else{
      echo $this->layout()->CONTENT;
    }
    Now, if someone visits the URL of "mydomain.com/clientexec/index.php?p=prices" they will see the content of mypage.php neatly tucked inside the beautiful Clientexec wrapper.

Also, I added a link to this new page in the top menubar, next to the Support link already there.

Hope this helps!

evolution888 likes this.