Language translation

HostOncilla

Hi

I followed the instructions on how to make a new translation but no matter what I do it just will not work. I used poedit and I used https://localise.biz/free/converter to directly translate my edits from core-en.po to make core-en_gb.po and core-en_gb.mo and it just will not work. Am I missing something? At the admin section where you change the language, this is what you get, please see the image. This is my core-en_gb.po I have only changed a couple of lines so I could test.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Downloads.zip
    270.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hello there

Here is this article and it works. you have to make one more record

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla_20211018-084656.jpg
    Captura de pantalla_20211018-084656.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 14
You're right, I did the test with Nicaraguan Spanish. (core-es_ni.po and core-es_ni.mo)

In the end I had to download and modify the existing Spanish file and there I saw the changes

I don't know if something else needs to be done.

Although it is already in Spanish but I saw that there are some errors in the translation and it seems that in some cases they did not translate %s% and I wanted to help translate Nicaragua into Spanish (es_ni)

I'm not sure why it was decided to go down this root for the language options, but I really hope they change it for something way simply for further releases.

It's simple
I am using NotePad++ and PoEdit;
Simple translate missing sentences or words if exists with PoEdit or add new lines with NotePad++
Thanks

You're right, I did the test with Nicaraguan Spanish. (core-es_ni.po and core-es_ni.mo)

In the end I had to download and modify the existing Spanish file and there I saw the changes

I don't know if something else needs to be done.

Although it is already in Spanish but I saw that there are some errors in the translation and it seems that in some cases they did not translate %s% and I wanted to help translate Nicaragua into Spanish (es_ni)
Hola, soy nuevo en clientexec, vengo de whmcs y veo que no hay ninguna traducción en español disponible para clientexec, podrías compartir tu traducción? Gracias.

After several attempts to want to customize my system to Spanish-Nicaragua I have discovered that for it to work I must use core-es_NI.mo, core-es_NI.po, javascript-es_NI.mo, javascript-es_NI.po instead of es-ni (I must not use the code in lower case, only in upper case)

I must also add in the Translation.php file 'Spanish (Nicaragua)'=> 'es_NI', in the case of Spanish in general it is not necessary to use capital letters for the country code. only if it is Spanish for a country that speaks Spanish

I attach the screenshot where I had to modify for the translation to work.

I did the test with Spanish-Mexico (es-mx) and the changes were not reflected, when I changed to es-MX I could see all the changes I made in the translation.

Now I am finishing translating to Spanish-Nicaragua but my question is if this file will be compatible with the new version in future updates. Because if new words are added I won't be able to translate them into Spanish-Nicaragua nor customize it according to how the phrases are used in my country.

Attachments

• captura idioma 3.png
    captura idioma 3.png
    58 KB · Views: 3
  • catpura  idioma.png
    catpura idioma.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 3
  • catpura 2 idioma.png
    catpura 2 idioma.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 3
Hello

I have translated clientexec into Spanish-Nicaragua, in case it helps someone, he left the 4 files compressed and if clientexec can add it in an update, you can review and include it

Thank you so much

Attachments

• SPANISH NICARAGUA.zip
    383.3 KB · Views: 1
Back