What Exim configuration you are using for fight spams

hadi

I am currently using assp for fighting spams but I know many companies using spamassasin or tweak exim configuration for this reason ;
Could you share with me your optimized configuration for this issue ?
Thank you

Here is a brief explanation of how to test [SpamAssassin] to make sure it is working. h3. Sending yourself "spam" will not work {{{if you're not a spammer and the message was solicited and it wasn't bulk and it wasn't commercial then it ain't spam}}} *So don't send yourself "spam" and expect [SpamAssassin] to agree!* h3. During installation If installing from source, before running "make install", run "make test". h3. After installation Send yourself GTUBE, the Generic Test for Unsoliticed Bulk Email: Due to a bug in some versions of [SpamAssassin], don't send it using your own account if you are using the Auto-Whitelist. Send it using a throwaway account or just delete the auto-whitelist file after sending the test. If [SpamAssassin] is working, the message will be marked as spam. Note that [SpamAssassin] only marks messages as spam and that how it does this marking may be affected by your front-end. If you're not using the "spamc" or "spamassassin" program and are using a third-party front-end (*especially amavisd*), then it may not be completely obvious how spam messages are handled.

Hi :) For fighting spam with Exim, I recommend using a combination of SpamAssassin and custom Exim configurations.

• Ensure SpamAssassin is installed and enabled. You can integrate it with Exim by adding the following to your Exim configuration:
spamd_address = 127.0.0.1 783
(This tells Exim to use the local SpamAssassin daemon for spam checks).

• Add the following ACL (Access Control List) to your Exim configuration to scan incoming emails:
warn
spam = nobody:true
add_header = X-Spam-Score: $spam_score\nX-Spam-Report: $spam_report
deny
message = This message was classified as spam and was rejected.
spam = nobody:true
condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{500}{1}{0}}

• Integrate DNSBLs to block known spam sources. Add the following to your Exim configuration:
deny
message = Rejected - see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=$sender_host_address
dnslists = zen.spamhaus.org

• Ensure DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) and SPF (Sender Policy Framework) are configured to authenticate emails. This helps reduce spam by verifying the sender's domain. And keep your SpamAssassin rules and Exim configuration updated. Regularly monitor your email logs to fine-tune your spam filtering settings.

Back