Need Help Updating to Latest Version 6.7.2: Installation Process Stuck

alexcloud

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to update from (6.7.1 ) to the latest version (6.7.2)
The automatic update process seems to be stuck at this point: www.sub.domain.com/admin/index.php?fuse=admin&controller=installer&action=downloadincremental with the white screen.

I'm not quite sure what the issue is. Could it be related to folder permissions or something else entirely?
If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has expertise in troubleshooting update processes, I'd greatly appreciate your insights.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Our auto upgrader currently uses shell_exec, can you confirm that this isn't disabled in php.ini?

Feel free to open a support ticket so we can investigate this further for you as well.

Yes sir. I encountered the same problem when I installed ce a few days ago. Today I reinstalled ce and encountered the same problem again. It showed a white screen and no response. F5 refresh could not solve it. Waiting for the fix of version 6.8.0

Yes sir. I encountered the same problem when I installed ce a few days ago. Today I reinstalled ce and encountered the same problem again. It showed a white screen and no response. F5 refresh could not solve it. Waiting for the fix of version 6.8.0
Can you please open a support ticket so we can investigate this?

A white screen typically means a PHP error, so I would check logs to see if anything is logged.

The other cause of a white screen during installation is if you are using Ubuntu and their default PHP 8.1 version (8.1.2). There's a bug with opcache and 8.1.2 which causes random crashes. If this is the case, the solution is to either disable opcache, or upgrade PHP 8.1 to the latest version.

Can you please open a support ticket so we can investigate this?

A white screen typically means a PHP error, so I would check logs to see if anything is logged.

The other cause of a white screen during installation is if you are using Ubuntu and their default PHP 8.1 version (8.1.2). There's a bug with opcache and 8.1.2 which causes random crashes. If this is the case, the solution is to either disable opcache, or upgrade PHP 8.1 to the latest version.
Thank you.
I have opened a ticket with the number #126879.
Details are included in it. Please check it out at your leisure.

Back