Wordpress theming

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Faruk, Feb 2, 2012.

?

Would a WordPress generic template for CE help you?

1. Yes

95.8%
  2. No

4.2%
  3. Not interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Faruk

Faruk New Member

Has anyone found a way to integrate the WordPress headers and footers to CE ?

I have a WP site and I need my header graphics and navigation and the footer to populate CE template.

Would appreciate if you can give me hand with this please.

Cheers

2. Bryan

Bryan New Member

I actually have one of my developers working on this right now. I know that there is a way to tap into a Wordpress file to use the Wordpress variables in a external PHP script but I can't remember how. I'll keep you updated.

3. Faruk

Faruk New Member

Oh that would be fantastic. Thank you so much.

4. Danny

Danny Member

was this figured out? and can i make an external login page with wordpress and CE??

5. ShelbyB

ShelbyB Member

I would assume no. The core files are very much different. The only way to really do it is if you copy all the template files over, update the reference code (to include your full http address) then possibly... Otherwise you do not have that core functionality.

For anyone looking to do this - this is not a beginner level operation.

6. CE-Matt

CE-Matt Administrator Staff Member

You should be able to go to your word press theme in your web browser, and view source it. You can then copy all the header/footer HTML from there and add it to your ClientExec. You'll likely need to change paths etc, as Shelby mentioned.

7. Danny

Danny Member

I actually moved away from WP since i am a PHP programmer and i can do front end CSS/XHTML work as well so, I am making my site using PHP with a framework called codeigniter and using CSS , XHTML and jQuery.

Thanks for the info guys. this will help other people who use WP.

8. Edward

Edward New Member

9. Preciouspigsystems

Preciouspigsystems New Member

Great read so does that mean all I need to do is copy over all the header/footer into clientexec and then use <base href> tag? Sounds too easy.

10. hostingDifferent-Scott

hostingDifferent-Scott New Member

All I do is vie my page and then go to source. I copy the html code for header and footer and add that to any template I'm using. CE makes it easy by doing this in settings>style. I then copy my CSS files over to the CE template directory and reference them in the header.

I then display default CE page and then tweak my wordpress css to make it all work again.

Fixing the CSS is the tricky part finding out which styles have to change to fix what's broken. It would be easier if scripts that intend to be integrated use NONSTANDARD IDs and classes so as not to conflict wth CMS and other standard scripts.

11. echo_utt

echo_utt New Member

you can use clientexec bridge its will automated you CE to your wordpress site

12. Captainhost

Captainhost New Member

I used the bridge you mentioned, but it was still young 1.0.0 and totally broke my themes for WordPress. It is good though if you are using their base TwentyTwelve theme though. :)

13. echo_utt

echo_utt New Member

too bad, i have great look
    elhosting.co.id/member-area/

14. ShelbyB

ShelbyB Member

All you do is go to view source on your website, copy the code, then paste it in the "Head" and "Body" section in your clientexec dashboard undering settings -> styling
    Everything in your <head> section goes in the head section of your styling, the actual header design, which will be after </head> and in your <body> section will go in the body section of Clientexec.
    If you still need help I can do this for a small fee, contact me directly if interested.

You can see I did this on my site:
    http://bluelabelhost.com (WP)
    https://bluelabelhost.com/members (clientexec)

15. ivan.p

ivan.p New Member

hey. what did you do to make it work? thanks

16. syed naqvi

syed naqvi Member

WP bridge plugin by zingari ,I think serves the purpose. However I installed and faced some issues.

17. WebDomainOne

WebDomainOne New Member

Any update on integrating ClientExec with Wordpress? The plugin mentioned in this thread is no longer available.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

shahidi likes this.