CE Support ticket area - trouble with incoming Email attachments missing

aarondwyer

Hi CE forum members

I've got an issue within the CE support ticket area where incoming emails to support that have attachments are missing those attachments in the support area. Only the text from the email comes through.

I'm using ClientExec v6.4.2 and for Email Routing setup I'm using "Email POP3 fetching"

Has anyone seen this behaviour before - and know of a solution for me to try?

Aaron

Hello
We have no problem with it ; maybe better to check upload directory permissions.
Thanks

Hi CE forum members

I've got an issue within the CE support ticket area where incoming emails to support that have attachments are missing those attachments in the support area. Only the text from the email comes through.

I'm using ClientExec v6.4.2 and for Email Routing setup I'm using "Email POP3 fetching"

Has anyone seen this behaviour before - and know of a solution for me to try?

Aaron

If you're unable to figure this out, feel free to open a support ticket and we can take a look.

Hi Matt / Hadi thanks for your replies.

I've been doing some more testing - and it looks like it might be inline images that are stripped out via the POP3 import into support ticket area.

And you end up with this.

1652300758784.png

I'm doing some further testing now to make sure.

Aaron

Hi Matt / Hadi thanks for your replies.

I've been doing some more testing - and it looks like it might be inline images that are stripped out via the POP3 import into support ticket area.

And you end up with this.

View attachment 288

I'm doing some further testing now to make sure.

Aaron
This is a known bug that I haven't got a fix for yet.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention as well. Hopefully we can get this fixed for our 6.5.0 final release.

Thanks Matt

Ok noted.

I've just been having to contact the clients to email me directly whatever screen shot they tried to send through. Will continue to do that.

Does that affect the email piping method as well as POP3 method?

Aaron

Thanks Matt

Ok noted.

I've just been having to contact the clients to email me directly whatever screen shot they tried to send through. Will continue to do that.

Does that affect the email piping method as well as POP3 method?

Aaron
It affects both as far as I know.

Can I get you to open a support ticket about this, and ask it to be assigned to me?

Back