Cron job reports error about ionCube Loaders but upgrade goes ahead just fine saying ionCube loader is installed

pk3

As the title the error is the cronjob keeps sending this error to me every time it tries to run. I am confused as i just upgrade to 6.5 and the installation page said ioncube loader status was ok. Wondering if there are some other security or checks that should exists ?

Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking.

Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance.

On top of it all tried opening a support ticket and I am a long time customer and dont know when support package was required, really do not want to pay for a year to help with resolution of 1 issue. Plus owned license is getting upgrades but why not support for issues like these ?

Just to add what i mean by the upgrade page saying ioncube is ok - this is the cron job i added manually as per the screen : -q /home/user/domains/xyz/public_html/cron.php

Clientexec Version OK! - 6.2.1 detected.
PHP Version OK! - 7.1.33 detected.
PHP Memory OK!
display_errors OK!
Ioncube OK!
MySQL Version OK! - mysqlnd 5.0.12
Mcrypt Available OK!
Mbstring Available OK!
PDO_MYSQL Available OK!
JSON Available OK!
iconv Available OK!
SimpleXML Available OK!
cURL Available OK!
cURL with SSL support OK!
Crontab Accessible FAILED - couldn't use the system's shell binary. Please continue with this installation and when you're done, please manually create the following crontab entry through your hosting control panel:

* * * * * -q /home/user/domains/xyz/public_html/cron.php

IMAP Available OK!

'config.php' Writable OK!
'Subdirs under /uploads Writable OK!

Hi there,

This indicates that you have a different configuration for your apache PHP then you do with your CLI.

You'll need to update the configuration of your PHP CLI to have the ionCube Loaders enabled. Once this is done, the corntab should start to work.

Oh wow Matt it's been a while, I remember you helping me few years back on some file integrity issues :). I shall ask my provider to apply the above fix as I have no idea what that means maybe they would :).

That did not work, folks managing the server did the steps and still same email :(. CE is loading fine only cron job .

This is from the phpinfo page giving version info. Does version of PHP matters ?

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v3.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader + ionCube24 v12.0.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2022, by ionCube Ltd.

Here is the version of IonCube Loader
Loader version 12.0.2
ionCube24 features unconfigured

I there is a phpinfo page where cron jobs are working maybe i could compare with them and see whats missing ? I will message you Matt the php info page link and if you can tell me what is missing that be great.

Back